We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
Please contact us at email@example.com with your CV and a link to with your portfolio of all the apps you have developed.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- A strong knowledge of object oriented software development
- Experience publishing native Android applications
- Experience creating applications that support multiple devices and Android versions.
- Working with Agile methodologies including Scrum and KanBan
- Extensive understanding of the full Android development life cycle
- The ability to produce clean clear code
- Building multilingual applications
- Experience working within an Integrated Development Environment